KW40Z BLE transmit data complete status

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KW40Z BLE transmit data complete status

kyleyang
Contributor IV

I have test the Wireless UART demo code and add customer define GATT for data notification.

Also removed the client demo code and all function works now.

Now I want to test the data throughput and package lost rate.

Is there any api that can report the status of data transmit complete or not?

Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

alexandruandree
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

To ensure low latency throughout the Bluetooth stack, there isn't any data transmit complete status implemented. But, because the ATT model does not allow interleaving transactions, we have an error event on the GATT Server callback that signals when a new packet transmit cannot be completed. You can use this as a marker to know whether the previous packet was sent.

One more thing that I need to mention is that the ATT notification does not guarantee you that the packet was received by the peer. If you also want this information, the ATT Indication is a more suitable option, with the drawback of reduced throughput.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

kyleyang
Contributor IV

Hi,

Yes, idea is make sure that new package is transmit correct.

Do you mean the GATT Server callback is "App_GattServerCallback" or "BleApp_GattServerCallback"?

Could you describe more detail for me? Thanks.

Or give me a mail?

kyleyang@wtmec.com

0 Kudos

miguel_reyes
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello kyleyang​,

Please refer to document BLEADG.pdf included in the KW40Z Connectivity Software package. See section 5.2 Server APIs to get more information about indications and notifications and how to use it in NXP BLE stack.

You should find the document in the next path:

<KW40Z_connSw_install_dir>\ConnSw\doc\BLEDAUG.pdf

Please, let us know if something is not clear in the document.

0 Kudos