cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC560xE with multiple cameras

supreethkoushik
Contributor I

Hi,

I have three 0.3 MP cameras with analog NTSC / PAL output @ 30fps and with a 4 channel video decoder the incoming analog video stream from 3 cameras is converted to 8 bit digital video. I want to compress the video stream into MJPEG format for which I was planning on using MPC560xE micro.

I want to know if I can use this microcontroller to compress all three video streams to MJPEG.

MPC560xE can accept 1.2 MP @30fps video stream.

Though I have three streams of video running at 30 fps, the camera resolution is one fourth of that of the microcontroller limit.

Has anyone tried this ?

Regards,

Supreeth

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

there's only one camera interface, it is not possible to connect more cameras.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

supreethkoushik
Contributor I

Hi Lukas,

I have 8 data lines + HSYNC + VSYNC + CLK coming out of 4 channel video decoder (analog to digital) like a multiplexer. At the input I have three analog cameras 0.3 MP each.

Regards,

Supreeth

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Ok but only one signal from one camera is decoded at a time, isn't it? I mean you can't process three streams at a time.

Lukas

0 Kudos

supreethkoushik
Contributor I

From the output of 4 channel video decoder with three camera inputs, I will be getting 0.3 MP @ 90fps of data i.e. 0.3MP @30fps from each camera .

This will be like processing a camera at higher frame rate. Can this be done?

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

What kind of video decoder do you have? Can you send me datasheet? I'm not expert in this area but there will be always only one stream at the output of decoder. You can't mix streams together.

Lukas

0 Kudos