vector allocator at absolute address 0xfffe overlaps with sections placed in segment.asbseg183

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vector allocator at absolute address 0xfffe overlaps with sections placed in segment.asbseg183

kernwang
Contributor II

Mcu is MC9S12VR , the IDE is codewarrior 5.9. after i build some code, and active "Make" operation, the IDE alarm me the error as following?

Does anyone can tell me the root cause?

Thanks very much!

149119_149119.jpgImage 1.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Juejie,

The CW informed you that it is confused with the double definition of reset vector.

I suppose that you defined vector table in your code, include of reset vectors (e.g. POR reset vector at 0xFFFE).

In that case, please comment out the redundant definition of POR reset vector in your prm linker file. For example:

//VECTOR 0 _Startup /* reset vector: this is the default entry point for a C/C++ application. */

or you may define a shorter vector table (without POR reset vector).

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kernwang
Contributor II

Thanks Radek!

As you said i mark the "//VECTOR 0 _Startup /* reset vector: this is the default entry point for a C/C++ application. */"

And make operation is OK now, but  i do not defined the POR reset. I use the initial configuration of MCU. only define the LSx .

It is query.

0 Kudos