cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RD4247MAG3110 and Raspberry Pi 2

mohamaddanialot
Contributor I

Hi.

I am new to both the RD4247MAG3110 kit and raspberry pi 2. So, i'd like to ask if it is possible to calibrate and read the data from the magnetometer using raspberry pi 2? I also plan to use the USB interface to connect the two devices.

I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Mohamad,

Personally, I think you are going about it the hard way.  The RD4247MAG3110 is a 3-board stackup.  The top board contains basically just the sensors.  The 2nd board is just an adapter, and the bottom board includes an MCU that provides the interface back to your PC.  Why not just pull the top board off and connect it to the power/ground and I2C port of your RP2?  That way you don't have to deal with a USB stack and/or reprogramming that base board MCU.  We don't have RP2 drivers for the mag and accel on that board, but if you look around the web, you may locate something.  Alternately, they are standard I2C, so you should be able to write your own drivers with a lot less work than dealing with USB.

We don't have any calibration code targeted at RP.  But NXP does have several app notes on the subject.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos