In MC9S12 data sheet mentioned VOL as 0 to 0.8V. When pin is configured as output and output is low then at what condition output is 0.8V.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In MC9S12 data sheet mentioned VOL as 0 to 0.8V. When pin is configured as output and output is low then at what condition output is 0.8V.

maddularajesh
Contributor III

In MC9S12 data sheet mentioned VOL as 0 to 0.8V. When pin is configured as output and output is low then at what condition output is 0.8V.. We are interfacing this controller with other digital IC's like CAN transceiver(Which has VIL is 0 to 0.4V). This is required for us for confirming logic level compatibility between digital IC's.

Please reply as early as possible.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

iggi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The condition of VOL depends on a current that flows into a pin when used (connected to other device pin)
Please, see the following application note AN2434
Input/Output (I/O) Pin Drivers

This appnote is written for older S12 D-family and it's valid for newer S12(X) derivatives as well. Just note that some parameters can be different on S12(X) derivatives based on 180nm technology such as S12XE, S12G and similar.

0 Kudos

iggi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Can you share the exact MCU part number? There are many MC9S12 families, so would need this to check the datasheet.
For example, on MC9S12XE, the VOL is 0.8V max and this is 5V I/O characteristic of port pins. In case of 3.3V I/O, the VOL is 0.4V max.

Still not sure about the condition at which the VOL can be 0.8V max. Need to find that out.

And btw, what CAN transciever exactly you interface the MCU? To check the specs too.

0 Kudos

maddularajesh
Contributor III

we are interfacing MC9s12XET256 with CAN transceiver IC part no.MAX3050

presently we are using with 5V I/O characteristic

MC9s12XET256       VOL=0 to 0.8.

MAX3050                  VIL=0 to 0.4

so if controller gives in b/w 0.4 to 0.8 the CAN transceiver should be in tri-state.

thats the problem.

So i want to know that in which condition the controller will give 0.4-0.8V.

pls mention depending parameters.

rly ASAP.

thank u.

0 Kudos