Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Initialize PMIC for QorIQ LS1043A

pro-supportengi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
  • How do customer’s initialize/program the PMIC for their
    custom board? 
  • Where are the details for programming the PMIC for the very first time documented?
  • The PMIC after FAB is empty is this correct? 
  • Are there jumpers on the reference design, or how is the
    PMIC programmed for the very first time? 
  • Also, does NXP provide 1043ARDB PMIC program files for the reference
    design?
  • Lastly, where is the PMIC Linux driver, or the name of the driver, for the
    LS1043ARDB reference board SDK 0.5v and any documentation for the driver?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I assume you are talking about PMIC "34VR500", this PMIC is used on our LS1043ARDB board.

The device is not empty - it is factory pre-programmed and available in several voltage configurations (34VR500V1, 34VR500V2, 34VR500V3, 34VR500V4, 34VR500V5). On our LS1043ARDB board we use 34VR500V4.

Please look device datasheet, Table 8 "Startup Configuration" for the list of values of pre-programmed voltages.

The device starts with default configuration, and may be further controlled via I2C port in case if necessary.

As far as I can see from the board schematic, the device output voltages are the same as factory default for 34VR500V4, so - no changes are necessary.

Link to 34VR500 device datasheet:

http://cache.nxp.com/files/analog/doc/data_sheet/MC34VR500.pdf?fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=Data%20Sheets&WT_VENDO...

Have a great day,
Alexander

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

pro-supportengi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alexander,

How does a customer program the PMIC, is it through a PMIC driver or firmware and where can I find the code specifically for the LS1043ARDB PMIC?

Thx,

Tracy

0 Kudos

aliismail
Contributor IV

Tracy,

Did you ever find out how to configure the PMIC with a driver?

0 Kudos