cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS3.2 FRDM-KL25Z not found in BOARDS

Jump to solution
burt8810
Contributor I

New install of Kinetis KDS 3.3 and SDK 2. Open workbench to start new project. Okay until I need to select a board. my board, FRDM-KL25Z, is not listed. Any suggestion on how I can fix this?

Thanks

Edit: I had searched this community but didn't find it. Googled it and found this: On KDS 3.2 NOT found in Boards but under Processors KL25Z can be entered. It was noted this will (may?) be fixed in the future. Apparently not yet (5/10/2016).

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Herbert,

the current KSDK2.0 available on website is release1. this release doesn't support FRDM-KL25Z

the supported baords/devices are as following:

pastedImage_0.png

the coming release2 will support FRDM-KL25

pastedImage_1.png

for more information, see this thread:

Introducing Kinetis SDK v2

does this answer your questions?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
paulsandys
Contributor II

I'm trying to setup KDS for KL25Z on Windows. I've installed KDS 3.2 and 1.3.0 SDK. FRDM-KL25Z is not showing up in the list of boards. Downloaded KL25Z specific SDK from kex.nxp.com, but KDS won't recognize it to import anything from it.

I've spent hours trying to setup this environment and failed.

What's to be done ?

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Paul,

KSDK1.3 includes support for FRDM-KL25Z, you can also find the same information in attached KSDK 1.3 release note, page 5.

please don't forget install KSDK_1.3.0_Eclipse_Update.zip to KDS3.2 from:

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\tools\eclipse_update

attached is the video of where to find FRDM-KL25Z supporting for KSDK1.3 under KDS 3.2

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Herbert,

the current KSDK2.0 available on website is release1. this release doesn't support FRDM-KL25Z

the supported baords/devices are as following:

pastedImage_0.png

the coming release2 will support FRDM-KL25

pastedImage_1.png

for more information, see this thread:

Introducing Kinetis SDK v2

does this answer your questions?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos