cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing Kernel

Jump to solution
senthilkumar_s1
Contributor II

Which parameters I need to change on Kernel(Or any related Files) if I need to customize my OS{Linux},like I don't want few process to run always in my machine,which is affecting my performance?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is nothing special regarding to i.MX. I can provide you some common recomendations.

1. Linux kernel.

You can remove all unnessesary options and modules from the kernel.

For example if you do not need ethernet you can compile the kernel without its support.

2. OS.

You can remove all unnessesary services from startup.

3. hardware.

You can attach some effective radiator to the processor and set maximum frequencies.

Have a great day,

Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
senthilkumar_s1
Contributor II

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your reply.Can you please elaborate the steps where I need to edit (File location) and what to edit(Parameters)?

0 Kudos
b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is nothing special regarding to i.MX. I can provide you some common recomendations.

1. Linux kernel.

You can remove all unnessesary options and modules from the kernel.

For example if you do not need ethernet you can compile the kernel without its support.

2. OS.

You can remove all unnessesary services from startup.

3. hardware.

You can attach some effective radiator to the processor and set maximum frequencies.

Have a great day,

Victor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

saurabh206
Senior Contributor III

Hi Senthil

Which BSP you are using?

There is configuration file in the kernel ,which is used to enable and disable feature in kernel.

check kernel_imx/arch/arm/configs/imx_v7_defconfig

Thanks

Saurabh