Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eMMC 5.0 support in i.MX6Q

Jump to solution
vishakh
Contributor III

Hi,

We are developing a custom board based on i.MX6Q. Here we need to connect eMMC 5.0(with data strobe signal NC).

Based on the discussion in https://community.freescale.com/thread/325001#comment-409823, it is possible to connect eMMC 5.0 to i.MX6Q(with driver modification).

Can we follow the same procedure(by changing the check value of card->ext_csd.rev) in linux 3.0.35?

Will it be possible to boot from eMMC, without any concerns on flashing eMMC from MFG tool?

Thanks and Regards,

Vishakh

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Vishakh,

Yes, you just need to modify the value of card->ext_csd.rev as you see in that thread, The default emmc supported is eMMC 4.4 in linux 3.0.35. after you change it then the eMMC 5.0 can work as an eMMC 4.4.  And there is no concerns on flashing eMMC from MFG tool. :smileyhappy:
Have a great day,
Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct  button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Vishakh,

Yes, you just need to modify the value of card->ext_csd.rev as you see in that thread, The default emmc supported is eMMC 4.4 in linux 3.0.35. after you change it then the eMMC 5.0 can work as an eMMC 4.4.  And there is no concerns on flashing eMMC from MFG tool. :smileyhappy:
Have a great day,
Dan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct  button. Thank you!

0 Kudos