'Dataset Index' in NXP Tagwriter

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Dataset Index' in NXP Tagwriter

tomtyrrell
Contributor I

Hi, I am using NXP Tagwriter and would like to extend the 'Dataset Index' but not sure how to. At the moment it can only read 44 from a CSV file. Would anyone know how to change the amount? Thanks. Tom.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

tomtyrrell
Contributor I

Hi Jorge,

Thank you for your response.

I can confirm the TagWriter app is up to date with the latest version. I have just tested this again with a CSV file with 170 fields to be encoded in and now the 'Dataset Index' is saying 24 as seen in the image below...

Is there something we may be doing wrong?

Best Regards

Tom.

Screenshot_2016-06-01-13-41-04.png

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tom:

Sorry for the delay to respond back.

The issue you have might be related with the contents of the records you want to store.

If using , (comma) or ; (semicolon) you need to add \\ just before.

If possible please attach your csv file and I can give it a check from my side. I am also attaching a file for your reference. You can see that I used \\, in the first record to avoid confusing the TagWriter application.

Hope this helps!

/Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

tomtyrrell
Contributor I

Hi Jorge,

Thank you for your responses, they have been a great help.

We have sorted the issue now, we fount that there was an issue with the CSV file that we corrected. The comma example you gave was great advice and good timing as we came across this issue on Friday.

Thanks again.

Tom.

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Tom Tyrrell:

Thank you for using our NFC community.

Are you using the latest version of the TagWriter app? Until now the latest release is v3.7.51.

Not sure if there is an actual limit, but I tried with an Android device and did not found such limitation, I could successfully read more than 44 CSV entries and store them in NTAG216 tags.

Please try with the latest version of the app or even with a different Android device in case you have one at hand.

Best Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos