Contributor III

Dear all,

Below are the steps I reproduced the issue:

ifconfig wlan0 up

echo mem > /sys/power/state

Below is the log

echo mem > /sys/power/state

PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.

Freezing user space processes ... (elapsed 0.001 seconds) done.

Freezing remaining freezable tasks ... (elapsed 0.001 seconds) done.

dpm_run_callback(): mmc_bus_suspend+0x0/0x48 returns -16

PM: Device mmc1:0001 failed to suspend: error -16

PM: Some devices failed to suspend, or early wake event detected

PM: resume of devices complete after 154.205 msecs

PM: resume devices took 0.160 seconds

Restarting tasks ... done.

-sh: echo: write error: Device or resource busy

Can you please let me know you opinions?

Thanks,

Tan

0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The listing you provide shows that the system cannot suspend due to the fact that the mmc1 bus is active. As far as I understand, you use SDIO WiFi module on the mmc1 bus, is it correct? If so, you have to manually shut down the WiFi module first and only then put the system into the suspend state.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The listing you provide shows that the system cannot suspend due to the fact that the mmc1 bus is active. As far as I understand, you use SDIO WiFi module on the mmc1 bus, is it correct? If so, you have to manually shut down the WiFi module first and only then put the system into the suspend state.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
letan
Contributor III

Yes, WiFi module is on the mmc1 bus. It means I have to ifconfig wlan0 down first and put then the system into the suspend state?

0 Kudos
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Exactly.

0 Kudos