cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android screen orientation issue

AndyHo
Contributor III

Hi,

We have a custom IMX6Q device in which Android 4.4.3 is running, we change the property ro.sf.hwrotation=270 in init.rc file to rotate the screen to and get the portrait layout due to hardware/mechanical design placement (LCD is 800x480 landscape, parallel RGB).

The issue 1 is when launch/close an app, or during suspend, the screen momentarily flips/rotates to landscape layout and then restores back.

The issue 2 is the touch can't work, seems the x,y didn't mapping the screen orientation.

The issues can also be found on mx6q sdb with original bsp build (4.4.3/5.0/5.1) when setprop ro.sf.hwrotation=270

We have tried the patch for inputreader,windowmanagerservice,mxc_ipuv3_fb.c, but without success.
Display Rotation in Android

i.MX6 IPU and rotating a frame buffer

Hope we can get some help to fix the issues.

Regards,

Andy

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

you can try to use GPU to rotate, using hardware to rotate, for more detailed information, pls refer to the GPU chapter in the Graphics User Guide or Reference Manual.

0 Kudos

AndyHo
Contributor III

Hi Guanqiong,

Thank you for the information.

I don't know how to use GPU to rotate and why we need to use GPU to rotate "under Android"? the issue never happen in my previous platform (TI, qualcomm), and we use same touch and sensor for imx6 platform.

Now we just discuss imx6q sabre-sdp and original BSP without modification, If we set default ro.sf.hwrotation=0( landscape) , screen rotation work normal under 0,90,180,270 ( acc sensor, touch ok ), but if we set ro.sf.hwrotation=270, there are 3 issues happen:

1. During suspend, the screen momentarily flips/rotates to landscape layout and then restores back.

2. After launch an app, then rotate mx6sdb, the screen momentarily flips/rotates to landscape layout and then restores back

2. Touch panel will work as wrong axis mapping, x become y and y become x.

3. Acc sensor make screen rotate to wrong direction ( launcher desktop ).

Hope we can get more help from NXP, thank you.

Andy

0 Kudos