cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem gdb and imx7d

delauratfrançoi
Contributor II

Hello my name is François

I work with imx7dsabresd, I use jethro distribution. I use poky 2.0.1.I have a prolem with gdb.

All my applications work fine without debug. But if I use gdb I have  differents problems:

- With an application hello world, if I use an breakpoint on line cout<<"Hello world"<<endl; an I do step over then the debugger go to file dl-fini.c and I have message : Can't find a source file at "/usr/src/debug/glibc/2.22-r0/git/elf/dl-fini.c"

-With a small Qt application by example if  I use an breakpoint on line  QApplication app(argc, argv); n I do step over then the debugger go to file dl-execstack.c and I have message Can't find a source file at "/usr/src/debug/glibc/2.22-r0/git/elf/../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/dl-execstack.c"

- With a big Qt application (with resource file .qrc) I have a sigsegv. The first line of my application is not running.

I work with gcc version 5.2.0 and gdb version 7.9.1. I tried with gdb version 7.8.1 I have same problems.

Can you help me please.

Thanks for All Help.

Best regards

François

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

delauratfrançoi
Contributor II

hi

my local. conf and a smal project qt

Thanks for All Help.

Best regards

François

0 Kudos

delauratfrançoi
Contributor II

Hello

I think that I solved my problem. Poky 2.0.1 use gcc 5.2 and gdb 7.9.1 if I change the gcc version to 4.9 and I change gdb version to 7.8.1 I have not problems.

The problem must be in gcc 5.2.

Best regards

François.

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Delaurat,

We try to reproduced this without success, however we are going to check this situation with larger qt apps on poky and its dependence with older toolchains. if you can share your test code, will be helpful.

Thanks for the catch

0 Kudos

delauratfrançoi
Contributor II

Hi Bio_TICFSL

I have always problem even if I use gcc 4.9. But it is very strange with my big QT application it is work fine.

But with small project QT and small project hello world I always the even problem.

- With an application hello world, if I use an breakpoint on line cout<<"Hello world"<<endl; an I do step over then the debugger go to file dl-fini.c and I have message : Can't find a source file at "/usr/src/debug/glibc/2.22-r0/git/elf/dl-fini.c"

-With a small Qt application by example if  I use an breakpoint on line  QApplication app(argc, argv); n I do step over then the debugger go to file dl-execstack.c and I have message Can't find a source file at "/usr/src/debug/glibc/2.22-r0/git/elf/../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/dl-execstack.c"

0 Kudos

delauratfrançoi
Contributor II

Hi Bio_TICFSL

I have always problem even if I use gcc 4.9. But it is very strange with my big QT application it is work fine.

But with small project QT and small project hello world I always the even problem.

I think tha I found the same problem in the web problems with gdb in 4.9-2014.09_linux 32-bit .

My problem is maybe in my local.conf.

I send my local conf and the tow small project.

0 Kudos