can't program flash memory MT294G16A. read id failed

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't program flash memory MT294G16A. read id failed

yongyao
Contributor I

Can't program flash memory MT29F4G16BADAWP.

This is the error when I execute flash programming tas, from Code Warrior (we are using version 10.6.2)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

fl::target -lc "flash_test"

fl::target -b 0x40000000 0x7ffffff

fl::target -v off -l off

cmdwin::fl::device -d "MT29F4G16A" -o "2048Mx16x1" -a 0x0 0x1fffffff

cmdwin::fl::erase all

Beginning Operation ...   

-------------------------

Chip erase not supported. Erasing sector by sector.  

Performing target initialization ...   

Downloading Flash Device Driver ...  

Reading flash ID ...

Error:  The Get Flash Device ID Command failed.   Flash driver reports the following error(s):

Error:  Getting flash ID failed

An invalid preference was passed to the ColdFire GDI protocol(ColdFire GDI Protocol Adapter)

Error: The Get Flash Device ID Command failed. Flash driver reports the following error(s):

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

When I try to download application to use the P&E debugger, the error says

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Starting 3rd party flash programming...

>ERR: Warning: Programming algorithm not found for this device."

does that mean we have to purchase another device to program the flash? we are using P&E micro FX debug pod, with the 16 pin header.

We can flash the chip MT292G16AAD  on the tower system twrmc54418, we purchased the tower elevator modules,

the firmware can be programmed to MT292G16AAD, but this memory chip has become obsolete.

so we picked the new flash device MT294G16ABDWP. I have added the new chip to code warrior, but flash program fails because

the ID is different from the chip MT292G16AAD.

This is affecting the project status, can you help us? I'm currently using mqx version 4.0, I can see from the device drivers,

there are no program algorithm for the new chip, can you provide us with a way to program the flash memory.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

yongyao
Contributor I

I have tried to use FTK algorithm, I'm not clear how to debug the application,

the document did not describe, how to fill in, for instance readID

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yong,

Look in to <drive>:\CW\MCU\bin\plugins\support\Products\ProductData\ColdFireFPDevices.mwpdb\FP folder, and edit MT29F2G16A.xml to see if that helps. Change manufacturerid, and id file.

If problem persists please provide the datasheet for the new flash device MT294G16ABDWP/MT29F4G16A. I can't search it online MT29F4G16ABDWP on Micron website.

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yong

Besides adding the new flash memory descriptor to the Codewarrior database of supported devices, you must also create the flash algorithm. basically, if you decide to use a Flash device that is not supported by CodeWarrior you must make two things to have it usable.

1.Create a Flash Algorithm

CodeWarrior uses .elf files which describe Flash algorithms. Although some flash memories have the same physical characteristics, the program and erase time cycles may change from one memory to other (even if they are from the same manufacturer). This is why you must create a flash algorithm for the device you have selected. AN3859.pdf
explains how to create an algorithm for a flash device.

2.Create the flash device description and add it to CodeWarrior (this is what you did)

Once you have the appropriate algorithm for your flash memory you must create a device description. The device description is a bunch of parameters that you must add to a .xml file with the appropriate Syntax. This file contains all supported flash devices. You can generate this information by yourself or you can use a script to generate the info and just paste it in the .xml file. You can find a document with the instructions to do this process in the same document.

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.

Regards,
Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos