cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVB Software Stack on Intel I210

Jump to solution
davidmateo
Contributor I

On page 28 of "Audio Video Bridging on i.MX Applications Processors" (FTF-SHB-F1211.pdf​), it states that the core code of the AVB software stack is OS/Hardware independent and that platform abstraction layers already exist for i.MX and VFxxx Freescale platforms.

1. What portions of the stack is this "core code" referring to?
  2. Theoretically, would the core code run on an Intel I210 card given an appropriate platform abstraction layer? (https://citrixready.citrix.com/intel-corporation/intel-ethernet-controller-i210-family-gigabit-netwo...​)
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Theoretically, it might be possible if recompiling the source code for x86_64 platform. However, this AVB software stack is not for free, so, you have to ask our Professional Services guys:

NXP Professional Services|NXP

for the possibility and cost of that.

Best Regards,

Artur

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
davidmateo
Contributor I

Hello Art,

Thank you for your prompt reply. My apologies for the missing information in my second question. 

1. Would it be theoretically possible to run the NXP instantiation of an AVB software stack on a Linux operating system with x86_64 architecture on top of an I210 MAC/PHY if one were to create an appropriate platform abstraction layer?

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Theoretically, it might be possible if recompiling the source code for x86_64 platform. However, this AVB software stack is not for free, so, you have to ask our Professional Services guys:

NXP Professional Services|NXP

for the possibility and cost of that.

Best Regards,

Artur

0 Kudos
davidmateo
Contributor I

Thank you, Artur, for your help.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. This means the hardware-independent portions of code, implementing the requirements of corresponding AVB-related IEEE standards, as listed on the Slide 4 of the presentation you're referring to.

2. The AVB software stack means the CPU implementation, whereas the Intel I210 part you're talking about is only the MAC/PHY. An external CPU is required to implement any communication software stack.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------