cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-K65F180M OpenOCD

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi,

I am using TWR-K65F180M(Rev. D) for my new project. During my initial testing, I have the following problems:

1) I installed KDS 3.2.0.

2) Then, I install he new software and select ALL to install "KSDK 2.0 Wizard" because I can't just select wizard only based on posted document.

3) Then, I use the tool on line to generate SDK for TWR-K65F180M.

4) I can't compile "Hello" world sample project successfully. But, It is OK with "rtoshello" project.

5) I can use the wizard to generate KSDK2.0 project. But, I can't debug it by using "OpenOCD". It always give me the error "OpenOCD failed with code(1)". I checked there is no K65.cfg. Is it the reason?

Please let me know how I can debug my project on TWR-K65F180M?

Thanks,

Christie

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Christie,

I tested in KDS3.2, and it builds the example project ‘hello_world’ successfully. Could you please:

1)  Update the KDS IDE from “Help” menu->Check for Updates. For details, please refer to section 5.2.1 in this doc:

..\SDK_2.0_TWR-K65F180M\docs\Getting Started with Kinetis SDK (KSDK) v.2.0.pdf

2) Import the example project from this subfolder ‘hello_world’ by following the instructions in section 5.3:

..\SDK_2.0_TWR-K65F180M\boards\twrk65f180m\demo_apps\hello_world

build.png

3) If the project is built with failure, please select ‘Project’ menu->Clean, then rebuild the project.

Does it work? If not, Could you please attach a screenshot to show the error message, and please also attach your project. Thanks!

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

TIC - Technical Information Center

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi,

I re-install KDS 3.2.0 and KSDK2.0 for TWR-K65F180M.

Now, I can build "Hello World" project.

I can use P&E debugger to load my project, but it does not work with OpenOCD.

Looks like that OpenOCD is not supported on K65F?

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Christie

Whether the K20 works as Segger,PEMicro or CMSIS-DAP depends on the firmware in it.

Please connect TWR-K65F180M board by J7 with your PC, what is displaying in Device Manager?

On my side, it shows JLink CDC Uart, because the firmware pre-programmed in K20 is for Segger-Jlik.  And I choose Jlink for the connection.

device manager.png

debug.png

Please check your device manager, and these links should be helpful to you:

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-100705

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-100720

https://community.freescale.com/message/529685#comment-529685

https://mcuoneclipse.com/2014/04/27/segger-j-link-firmware-for-opensdav2/

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

TIC - Technical Information Center

0 Kudos

MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Christie,

according to release notes: OpenOCD was tested with the following boards: FRDM-KL02Z, FRDM-KL05Z, FRDM-KL25Z, FRDM-KL26Z, FRDM-KL46Z, FRDM-K22F, FRDM-K64F. I'd recommend to use P&E Debugger.

Regards,

Marek

0 Kudos

MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Christie,

ad 2) "KSDK 2.0 Wizard" is already installed in KDS 3.2, so you do not need to install explicitly

ad 4) I have imported "c:\nxp\SDK_2.0_TWR-K65F180M\boards\twrk65f180m\demo_apps\hello_world" example into KDS using "File - Import - Existing Projects into Workspace" and compiled succefuly. Please ensure option "Copy projects into workspace" is not selected during import. If you still have problems, please share details.

ad 5) OpenOCD was tested with the following boards: FRDM-KL02Z, FRDM-KL05Z, FRDM-KL25Z, FRDM-KL26Z, FRDM-KL46Z, FRDM-K22F, FRDM-K64F. I'd recommend to use P&E Debugger.

Regards

Marek

0 Kudos