AnsweredAssumed Answered

i.MX6 VDDHIGH_IN Power Consumption

Question asked by Atilla Mete Turedi on May 2, 2016
Latest reply on May 3, 2016 by igorpadykov

Greetings,

Going through i.MX 6Dual/6Quad Power Consumption Measurement Application Note, numbers for the current consumpiton of VDDHIGH_IN does not exceed 100mA. I understand this is average and does not account for peak draws and Sabre Design Document states that a supply of at least 250 mA capaciy better be allocated for the domain, datasheet for PF0100 typical connection diagram advices SW2 to be used for this purpose, which has a capacity of 2000 mA. HW Development guide IMX6DQ6SDLHDG does the same and allocates SW2 for VDDHIGH_IN.

Going back to Sabre, initially, the design team for the board previously have had decided to use VGEN5 for the purpose which wasnt enough obviously and there were problems. Now I wish to ask the question, documents allocate a 2A source for the rail where as the EVM only does 100mA and then offers at least 250 mA. Basically I just want to use SW4 for VDDHIGH_IN and use SW2 for my peripherals because it has a larger capacity. Can SW4 be sufficient for supply of VDDHIGH_IN? None of the benchmarks or test cases load VDDHIGH_IN more than 100 mA. What is the purpose of specifically assigning 2A source ?

Best Regards,

Mete

Outcomes