PE in KDS 3.0.0 Drops Open-Drain Setting for I2C Pins that are Renamed

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PE in KDS 3.0.0 Drops Open-Drain Setting for I2C Pins that are Renamed

robbolton
Contributor II

When configuring I2C Chains for MK65, I must first manually set them for Open-Drain. This problem has already been raised in another post:

https://community.freescale.com/message/574420#comment-574420

However, I have found an additional problem. If the SCL and SDA pins have been set to open-drain, the setting will not get generated if the Signal has been renamed. We typically will rename signals to match the schematic. I agree in the above post that the setting should automatically be turned on, but I believe the additional problem of losing the setting if the pin is renamed is a bug. Am I missing something?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rob,

can you share more details how to reproduce your problem? I suppose you are changing pin configuration in PinSettings component. If you share "ProcessorExpert.pe" project, that would be helpful.

Regards

Marek

0 Kudos

robbolton
Contributor II

I am unable to share my project due to sensitivity. However, I can provide further detail on how I recreate the problem:

1.) I have a PE project using MK65FN2M0VMI18

2.) I open the ComponetInspector by highlighting pin_mux_PingSettings, which is in the Components View, Under Components.

3.) Under the Routing tab, I click on I2C sub-tab

4.) Under I2C0 chain, I click the Init checkbox. If I click on the "Generate Processor Expert Code" icon under the Components View, at this point the pin_mux.c file will NOT have the open-drain setting set to true for I2C0.

5.) By going back to the I2C sub-tab, I can now right click the default names for SCL and SDA under Pin/Signal Selection, and select Pin Functional Properties. I then set Open Drain to Enable. After generating the PE code again, the I2C pins will have the Open Drain setting in pin_mux.c.

6.) Now, if I go to change the names of the I2C0 chain SCL and SDA under Pin/Signal Selection, and generate the PE code for a 3rd time, the Settings are gone fro pin_mux.c. The setting is still enabled in the GUI. I can then change the name back to the default name, and if I generate the PE code a 4th time, the setting is back in pin_mux.c.

Hope that is clear,

Rob

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rob:

Marek is correct, this was an issue with Processor Expert that was fixed in the update Processor Expert for Kinetis 3.0.2. See below from Release Notes:

PE_fix.png

Indeed you can install KDS v3.2. Or you can try to install the Processor Expert for Kinetis 3.0.2 update in your current KDS version (Help -> Install New Software -> Freescale KDS Update Site):

pastedImage_1.png

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

robbolton
Contributor II

Thanks, I was able to update and found you were both correct. Other pins that I had renamed as well are now having their pin functions generate correctly.

0 Kudos

MarekTrmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Rob, I'd recommend to install KDS 3.2. I'm not able to reproduce the issue. It seems it is already fixed in the latest version. Regards,

Marek

0 Kudos