How to combine a Processor expert project with a non processor expert proyect (MSCAN_KEA128)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to combine a Processor expert project with a non processor expert proyect (MSCAN_KEA128)?

emilioaronmoyer
Contributor III

Hello I'm trying to combine a processor expert project that write .txt files to an SD card with an non processor expert project that has the MSCAN driver for  KEA128 that I download from nxp. I'm having some troubles, what I'm doing is:

First removing the PE components of the PE project as the next link explain: https://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/10/14/removal-of-processor-expert-for-a-project/

Second, copy and paste from the non-PE project to the new PE project (now is not)  the folder name MSCAN_DRIVER. Do I need to import it in a different way to the project that contains the SD part?, I just copy and paste it.

148335_148335.pngpastedImage_1.png

Third copy and paste all the .h and .c files from non-PE project to the new PE project (now is not)

148336_148336.pngpastedImage_2.png

Fourth, Include in the main.c all the .h files I copy

148353_148353.pngpastedImage_4.png

Doing this a have errors that I don't know how to solve it , does anyone have an idea of what I'm doing wrong? The erros I got are the following

148352_148352.pngpastedImage_3.png

I atteched the three projects, the sd project (processor expert project), MSCAN_KEA128 (non-PE project) and the one I tried to combine the previous to projects.

Regards,

Emilio

Original Attachment has been moved to: datalogger.rar

Original Attachment has been moved to: CANwithdatalogger.rar

Original Attachment has been moved to: MSCAN_KEA128.rar

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Emilio,

it's not difficult to get rid of these errors

pastedImage_0.png

just add the related path

"${ProjDirPath}/MSCAN_DRIVER\CAN_inc"

"${ProjDirPath}\MSCAN_DRIVER\CAN_cfg"

to project directory setting you can do it:

pastedImage_1.png

however, it's not that easy to add bare metal project code to pe project. for example the two project MCU register header file are defined in different files. some definition, even for same register, the name is different.

to port a non-pe code to pe project, please do it part by part

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos