cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

touchscreen, LVDS0, Relationship?

stuartmorton
Contributor II

HI All,

We are converting from Win CE 7 to Android Lollipop 5.1 (freescale disto)

The board was based on the sabresd duel light development board

I have built the imx6 distribution as described in the document android_users_guide.pdf and can down load it to the board and it runs and I get a debug output on ttymxc0.

I have removed the drivers for the touch screen and added our new driver that is falling to work.

There is also no output on the LVDS0 screen.

From reading you users comments on this site, this is because the touch screen driver is not loaded

So I can understand more about what is going on, what is the relationship between the touch screen driver and the LVDS0 channel.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stuart

there should not be strict relationship between the touch screen driver and the LVDS0.

One can first customize lcd to get correct image like in example below, then touch screen.

https://community.freescale.com/thread/373763

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

stuartmorton
Contributor II

hi Igor,

thanks for the quick response,

I have managed to set up the LVDS0 to the correct settings and the android splash screen is displayed fine,just before the end of the android splash video the screen dims considerably,

when the desktop is available I change the brightness but this doesn't recover the screen level?

regardsStuart  

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stuart

what touchscreen is used, for example one can look at

integration of ft5x06 in Android 5.0

https://community.freescale.com/thread/387553

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos