Nitrogen6_MAX - problem booting with USB OTG port

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nitrogen6_MAX - problem booting with USB OTG port

JackZiemba
Contributor I

I am using the Boundary Devices Nitrogen6_MAX board. While attempting to boot the Arch Linux ARM build the board was bricked. I am trying to follow this https://boundarydevices.com/unbricking-nitrogen6x-sabre-lite-i-mx6-board/ guide to fix the issue. The guide suggests to flip the DIP switch so the device will be bootable through the USB OTG port. After running the 'lsusb' command the device is not shown in the list. I have tried with and without an SD card plugged in and no luck.

Could anyone provide me with some advice with unbricking this board?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi Jack,

On Nitrogen6_MAX there are two separate DIP switches (SW1 and SW5). Make sure to modify SW1, it is this one that allows to boot in recovery mode.

Then you should see this in lsusb:

ID 15a2:0054 Freescale Semiconductor, Inc. i.MX 6Dual/6Quad SystemOnChip in RecoveryMode

Having the SD plugged in or not doesn't change that behavior.

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Gary

0 Kudos

JackZiemba
Contributor I

That is exactly what I've done and I am not seeing the device in lsusb.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jack

one can check BOOT_MODE[1:0] signals (01 - Serial Downloader)

with oscilloscope using schematic on

https://boundarydevices.com/product/nitrogen6max/

also one can check if board is detected in windows

(look in device manager).

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

JackZiemba
Contributor I

Unfortunately I need to wait 24 hours to access the schematic, Is it possible for you to send me a screen shot of the required section? The board is also not detected in windows.

0 Kudos