I'm trying to get a multilink universal to work with a FRDM-KL25Z board. My end goal is to eventually get it to work with a custom board I have made, but I can't get it working even with the FRDM board which I know is working. This my setup and what I have tried so far:
* I'm using KDS 3.2.0 on Windows 7 64-bit (I've also tried on KDS 3.0 and ran into the same issues). I started a new workspace for the KDS 3.2 install and made a new project in there that I'm working with.
* I downloaded the multilink universal firmware update utility from the downloads tab here: http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320137
* I've run the firmware update utility included in the above download and made sure the firmware was updated to support kinetis.
* I can program the FRDM board using the onboard OpenSDA option, and I can also programming one FRDM board with a second one as seen on this page: https://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/04/21/using-the-freedom-board-as-jtag-programmer/
So I'm confident the the FRDM board and my code is working, and I'm also confident the the cable is working and I'm connecting it correctly.
* I used this set up to connect the FRDM board to the Multilink:https://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/11/07/jtagswd-debugging-with-the-frdm-kl25z-board/
Here is a photo of my setup to confirm:
* This is my debug configuration. This is the same as I use to program with OpenSDA only with the Interface and Port options changed to the multilink.
* I've checked for the debug zombies arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe, and pegdbserver_console.exe and don't see either of them running.
* The first time I tried programming after the new install I got this second error message after the P&E one:
* But now this one comes up after the P&E message:
* One of the first times I tried to debug, it got as far as opening up the debug window and had this message in the console:
But I haven't gotten this message a second time.
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. Please let me know if this question would be better addressed by P&E's support than here.