cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question, i.MX25 A2 pin status

Aemj
Contributor IV

Dear team,

I would like to ask about a pin status of i.MX25 right after reset.

On my customer’s board, the A2 port is used as GPIO after their software configures its IOMUX. And Pull-Up register is connected to A2 pin of i.MX25. They saw about 1.0V of voltage is seen on A2 pin after reset before software configuration.

According i.MX25 datasheet, The port status of A2(A10,ALT5:GPIO4-0) pin of i.MX25 seems to be OUTPUT/Low.

So, can I understand as below?

Before IOMUX configuration the A2 pin is set to EIM_DA_H[10].

And if the external pull-up register is connected, the voltage will be the divided voltage by the pull-up and internal register value.

Am I correct?

Thanks,

Miyamoto

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

What do you mean as the "number of the internal register"?

Artur

0 Kudos

Aemj
Contributor IV

Hi Artur,

The value of the internal resistance of A2 pin when i.MX25 start-up before IOMUX configuration.

Does it make sense?

Miyamoto

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

After reset and before software configuration, the pin is configured as input with keeper circuit enabled. The interaction of a keeper circuit with an external pull-up resistor can cause any unpredictable state of the pin before it is clearly configured.

Artur

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, your understanding is correct.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Aemj
Contributor IV

Hi Artur,

Sorry for my late reply.

Can I have the number of the internal register?

BR,

Miyamoto

0 Kudos

Aemj
Contributor IV

Hi Artur,

Sorry for rushing you, but i still wait for your comment.

BR,

Miyamoto

0 Kudos