cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM board programming/erase limit - KE06Z

paulschoenke
Contributor III

Hello:

I am using a couple of FRDM-KE06Z for my team to use to load new software into some prototype units.

We’ve been doing this for a while, but now the board quit working, and always gives an error (green LED blinks).  I have duplicated the problem here by loading the same file repeatedly.

Eventually the board quits working, and there doesn’t seem to be any way to recover it.

I believe that the flash on the MCU has a 10k minimum erase/program cycle limit. 

Is there a limit that P&E built into the software so this kit cannot be used as a production programmer?  This is not our intention, but we have a large number of prototypes to deploy for a large field trial.  This is only needed during product development and field testing.

I would just like to know for my own information what the limit is when loading the same file over and over.

If we make software revisions, I would assume it would keep working as that’s typically how a dev board is used.

If there is a limit and I know what it is, that would be good to know.

Is there a low cost programming solution for low volume applications like this?

Any feedback or input is welcomed and appreciated!

Thanks again!

Paul

0 Kudos
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Paul,

As you know, the KE06 can be programed/erased >=10K cycles definitely according to the datasheet, and the kind of the feature is also outstanding in the market.

And I'd highly recommend you to choose the CYCLONE MAX programmer which is very suit for the low volume programming during field trial phase.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos