TRK-S12VR-WLFT Anti-pinch Demo

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRK-S12VR-WLFT Anti-pinch Demo

dli1
Contributor I

I am trying to get anti-pinch demo work.  I installed a hall sensor on the window motor on a window panel, after loading the software the self-calibration was completed successfully, set window to open fully, however, once I tried to close the window, it moved up a little and then moved back down again.  Did any one test the anti-pinch demo and get it to work?

There are other issues on the CodeWarrior 5.2 with this evaluation board, it gives illegal BP some times, also once I start running the code I can not stop it on debugger, it stuck.  Any help will be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

iggi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ok, i see now. Sorry i missed somehow the Window Lift software.

Anyway, at the moment i'm not able to test it, since i have no DC motor nor Hall sensor on the desk.

Hopefully i will get that this week and test.

I'll see to get in touch with the WLFT application engineer for some hints.

Btw, did you try running the sw with no debugger? After programming the micro, disconnect the debugger (unplug the BDM cable), press reset button and the try the window lift. But the problem you are having seems to be related to hal_variables or max window position.

I will investigate more on.

Regards,

iggi

0 Kudos

dli1
Contributor I

I did run the sw without debugger and the result is the same. I am looking forward to your findings.

0 Kudos

iggi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi david,

i'm aware of the simple up/down demo only. That is delivered with the demo board and it can be downloaded from our web.

Can you please share that other demo SW? Where did you get it from?

0 Kudos

dli1
Contributor I

Hi Iggi,

You can find the other demo software at NXP’s website below:

http://www.nxp.com/products/automotive-products/microcontrollers-and-processors/16-bit-s12-magniv/s1...

I loaded this software to the demo board and installed the hall sensor. Running the software after loading, the self-calibration completed successfully. Then when I tried to close the window the window went up and reversed back down as if it detected some pinch obstacle. The debugger gives me illegal breakpoints and some time when I tried to stop debugger it indicates stopping but never stopped.

Please try this demo software and let me know what you find. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos

iggi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

The Window Lift demo project for the TRK-S12VR-WLFT board does not implement anti-pinch algorithm (that's as far as i know).

Regarding the illegal breakpoint issues, there can be many reasons for “ILLEGAL_BP” error message.
1.      non-mapped interrupt vectors or non-serviced interrupt request is enabled or incorrect ISR vector number is used.

The illegal breakpoint error often happens when the MCU is getting lost and executes dummy code. If this happens whenever you enable your interrupt, check that the interrupt vector has been correctly initialized with the address of the interrupt service routine. If the interrupt vector is left blank (0xFFFF)  this could be the cause of the problem.
2.      watchdogs: this might be a COP reset, check that  the watchdog, if enabled, is being fed correctly. Also please check that the stack is not overflowing.
3.      bad SW approach to RAM, e.g. some buffer overflows, STACK overflow…
4.      code optimization by CW may cause the JMP to non-defined program memory address and PC lost way.
Please check your code if it belongs to one of the reasons above.

Hope it helps!

0 Kudos

dli1
Contributor I

Iggi,

I was wondering that had any one ever tested the anti-pinch demo with TRK-S12VR-WLFT evaluation board and got it to work? I tried for a few days and could not get it to work. The register memory area get trashed once in a while. It will be appreciated if someone can tell me how to get this demo to work.

0 Kudos

dli1
Contributor I

Iggi,

I noticed that for anti-pinch demo, the libs uses 2241 bytes of RAM and S12VR only has 2 Kbytes of memory, is this a problem?

0 Kudos

dli1
Contributor I

The Window Lift has two demos one is simple demo that moves window up and down, the other demo does have anti-pinch feature in it. But you have to install the hall sensor in order to do the demo. I did install the hall sensor, even install the door panel and hall sensor but still have problems. I used the provided software, did not even change anything.

0 Kudos