cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In yocto how can I use local uboot source

Jump to solution
lixuhui112
Contributor I

I want to create a new layer,use my local uboot source and kernel , I look "yocto project development manual "

but I want to use local uboot and kernel  source ,how can I config it

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
pranavmadhu
Contributor IV

Hi Xuhui Li,

I agree to Weidong Sun that this question is out of support range. But you can add a new machine to yocto. By adding new machine, you can modify the kernel, dtb and filesystem by this method, but creating custom u-boot is out of scope (in my point of view due to my lack of knowledge). I think you can find an answer from the link below

How to add support of custom board into YOCTO - iMX6 Rex Projects

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pranavmadhu
Contributor IV

Hi Xuhui Li,

I agree to Weidong Sun that this question is out of support range. But you can add a new machine to yocto. By adding new machine, you can modify the kernel, dtb and filesystem by this method, but creating custom u-boot is out of scope (in my point of view due to my lack of knowledge). I think you can find an answer from the link below

How to add support of custom board into YOCTO - iMX6 Rex Projects

0 Kudos
lixuhui112
Contributor I

Thank you for your guidance !!!

0 Kudos
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello xuhui,

After you set up yocto environment according to linux BSP document, you should compile u-boot, linux kernel, if compiling is successful, you can find u-boot & kernel source code in your building path.

As for how to add a new layer to yocto, you will have to read document of yocto, and do it by yourself,  the question is out of our support range !

Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos