release note of GPU 5.0.11p8 at Android Android_M6.0.1_1.0.0-ga BSP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

release note of GPU 5.0.11p8 at Android Android_M6.0.1_1.0.0-ga BSP

calvinyu
Contributor II

We checked the release notes of Android_M6.0.1_1.0.0-ga , it showes that the GPU driver had been upgraded to GPU5.0.11p8.

We would like to know whether the 2D performanced was improved or not?

B.R

calvin.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

gurtajs4
Contributor II

Hi Guanqiong Xie ,

Thanks for taking effort and giving us some insight on various issues with Android L Performance on SabreSD.

Can you provide us the patches for #1 and #2.

Regards,

Gurtaj

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

yes, the latest GPU fix some performace issue.

0 Kudos

gurtajs4
Contributor II

Hi,

I don'y see any such improvement.

See this

I see the FPS has been capped to around 58 FPS, even after changing the BufferQueue to Asynchronous mode.

R/Gurtaj

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I got the reply from expert team:

"

There are multiple factors at play for the performance on Android L 5.x, and it should not be expected to reach Android K 4.x levels, due to item #2 below:

1) There was a 2D performance drop in the GPU driver related to the Linux kernel CMA. This has been fixed in 5.0.11p8 for the Android M 6.x BSP, and it has been fixed in the latest patch release of 5.0.11p7 in the Android L 5.1.1_2.1.0-GA BSP. So the customer can upgrade to the 5.1.1_2.1.0-GA to get a 2D performance boost.

2) There is a workaround for ARM Errata 845369 introduced in the Android L 5.x BSPs, which has a performance impact on all memcpy and memset. This brings an overall graphics performance degradation, but it is not recommended to remove this errata workaround, as it is known to cause stability issues.

3) The customer should try to enable the 'force GPU rendering' developer option in Android, as it has been seen to give significant performance increases in some applications on Android 5.x . Performance boost depends on the application, whether it already requests GPU acceleration in its manifest or not.

"

0 Kudos