How to use Tera Term or an other terminal with Kinetis and a KL25Z ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Tera Term or an other terminal with Kinetis and a KL25Z ?

Jump to solution
romainlefrancoi
Contributor I

Hello,

I would like to know how to use Tera Term, with kinetis design studio. I'm using a KL25Z with the Processor Expert code and I don't know if I have to link Tera Term with Kinetis, because in the configurations , I have already connected Tera term to the KL25Z via the COM4 OpenSDA, but when I compile, download and run, even if I have the code ( coming from the tutorial that i followed https://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/11/16/tutorial-using-a-terminal-input-and-output-without-printf-and-sc... ) nothing happen.

Can someone explain me or give me a tutorial to use Tera Term (or Termite, PuTTY...) ?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

I recommend you refer this article.

How to use printf() to print string to Console and UART in KDS2.0

can it help you?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
romainlefrancoi
Contributor I

Hi

I found the solution last night. Your tutorial works but mine is simpler to do and to use after, the guy that wrote mine just forgot to precise to use the port TSI0_CH2 and TSI0_CH3 for the RxD and the TxD, for the KL25Z.

However, thank you for your answer, it can be very useful for other people, lost like me X)

Have a good day,

Romain Lefrançois

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I just also sent your comment to the author.Thanks for your feedback.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
romainlefrancoi
Contributor I

Thanks,

I found the solution last night. Your tutorial works but mine is simpler to do and to use, the guy that wrote mine just forgot to precise to use the port TSI0_CH2 and TSI0_CH3 for the RxD and the TxD, for the KL25Z.

However, thank you for you answer, it can be useful for other people.

Have a good day,

Romain Lefrançois

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

I recommend you refer this article.

How to use printf() to print string to Console and UART in KDS2.0

can it help you?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos