Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 Sabre: How to reset with PF0100

Jump to solution
norishinozaki
Contributor V

Hello Champs,

Design of i.MX6QDSabreSD board was changed to reset both i.MX6 and PF0100 at a time.

I guess because it had turned out that PF0100 needs to be reset with i.MX6 because of DVFS.

pastedImage_0.png

Regarding Sabre AI, it has several ways to reset.

If it uses DVFS, PMIC and i.MX6 also need to be reset at time using following reset line for example.

Correct?

pastedImage_0.png

BR,

NS.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nori Shinozaki,

we can understand "reset" like this:

(1) Cold Reset

If the reset is caused by PMIC( or we can say power), we can call it cold reset. At the time, all power rails on board will be off , then all on.

(2) warm reset.

Just pull down POR pin of CPU, all powers are on-line, we can call the way "warm reset". the way is just to reset CPU, not include PMIC.

(3)RESET_MCU PIN on PMIC

the pin is used to reset CPU, when all powers are ready on PMIC , PMIC will output a reset signal to CPU, the action is called Power On Reset(POR). Almost every CPU board has POR circuit!

Hope above can help you !

Regards,

Weidong

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nori Shinozaki,

we can understand "reset" like this:

(1) Cold Reset

If the reset is caused by PMIC( or we can say power), we can call it cold reset. At the time, all power rails on board will be off , then all on.

(2) warm reset.

Just pull down POR pin of CPU, all powers are on-line, we can call the way "warm reset". the way is just to reset CPU, not include PMIC.

(3)RESET_MCU PIN on PMIC

the pin is used to reset CPU, when all powers are ready on PMIC , PMIC will output a reset signal to CPU, the action is called Power On Reset(POR). Almost every CPU board has POR circuit!

Hope above can help you !

Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos
norishinozaki
Contributor V

Hello Weidong,

Thank you for clear explanation!

BR,

Nori Shinozaki

0 Kudos