Hi, I am trying to create boot partitions on eMMC card on T2081 board from uboot prompt. I have added a GPT utility and tied the "gpt" command to create partition but it is failing while writing to the eMMC blocks.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I am trying to create boot partitions on eMMC card on T2081 board from uboot prompt. I have added a GPT utility and tied the "gpt" command to create partition but it is failing while writing to the eMMC blocks.

mohammedahad
Contributor I

Hi, I am trying to create boot partitions on eMMC card on T2081 board from uboot prompt. I have added a GPT utility and tied the "gpt" command to create partition but it is failing while writing to the eMMC blocks. writing fails and hence the command doesn't succeed.

Sample command for the same is :

gpt write mmc 0 "uuid_disk=80878087-8087-8087-8087-000000000000;name=kernel,size=128M,uuid=80868086-8086-8086-8086-000000000000;"

the error is:

mmc_send_cmd: ret = -18 MMC_RSP_R1,5,6,7         0x00000900

mmc write failed

** Can't write to device 0 **

Here, CMD_SEND is 25 which indicates it is for multiple block writes. The return value indicates COMM_ERR;

below is the eMMC related info:

=> mmcinfo

Device: FSL_SDHC

Manufacturer ID: fe

OEM: 14e

Name: MMC08

Tran Speed: 52000000

Rd Block Len: 512

MMC version 4.41

High Capacity: Yes

Capacity: 7.3 GiB

Bus Width: 8-bit

Erase Group Size: 512 KiB

HC WP Group Size: 8 MiB

User Capacity: 7.3 GiB

Boot Capacity: 16 MiB ENH

RPMB Capacity: 128 KiB ENH

Can somebody guide me, how to create partitions on eMMC, and let me know if I have picked the right utility to create partition. I just need DOS file system on my partitions.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Your log shows problems concerning to MMC command executing.

Test your board using u-boot mmc writing.

Is there problem if you try to write data using u-boot MMC command?

It looks like that there is problem for GPT MMC command only.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos