How to use shaders for i.MX6 Vivante GPU with gstreamer

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use shaders for i.MX6 Vivante GPU with gstreamer

jdepedro
Contributor IV

Hi, I have two source code files for vertex and fragment shader. How can I compile them for the BSP v3.14 so I can use it with the glshader element of gstreamer 1.0?

I have tried to use the glshader element directly with the source code, that does not work: the glshader has a property 'location' to specify the locatino of the GLSL file, but I have one vertex shader and one fragment shader. Do I need to combine them somehow into a single file first?

I have also tried to compile them using the vCompiler from the Vivanto SDK. That worked fine and generated a .gcPGM file. Can I use that with gstreamer? How?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi jdepedro,

Please check Section 11 of the Graphics User guide document in your 3.14 documentation folder, there is a demo framework that use GLprogram to combine Vertex and fragment shaders encapsulation, then also have Compilation and logging for GLshaders; we do not have any sample of this usage with gstreamer, but you can combine them and use use a gl fragment shader and the glshader element from the gst-plugins.

hope this helps

0 Kudos