cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop 5.0.0 getting started issue with MFG Tool with sabre sd reference

ssp
Contributor I

​We are the team working on sabresd board with lollipop 5.0.0 android build.​​

we were successfully added WL18XX patches to lollipop 5.0.0 build. and tested the built images.

As we need to configure and test the our existing customized WL18xx Bluetooth module

We want to port this lollipop firmware to our customized build.

So I have done necessary modifications for uboot ,as we are using DDR of 2GB RAM and changed UART port pins in uboot as well as kernel.

We want to load images into eMMC- 16GB card.

We are tested uboot through MFGTool, we were success with uboot.

Can you please suggest the steps where we need to change in kernel-imx.

And what are the images we need to take from Android build ,for loading through MFG Tool.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

ssp
Contributor I

hi ,

Thanks for response. In out/target/product/sabresd_6dq/ there is no file named zImage-imx6dl-sabresd-ldo.dtb.

And how to create this file.

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

This file is a prebuilt device tree file and you can find it in Linux demo image package.

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You can download all the BSP documentations from here:

i.MX 6 Series Software and Development Tool|NXP

For the steps of Android build, please read the Android_Frequently_Asked_Questions.pdf and Android_User's_Guide.pdf in the Android BSP documentation package.

For the steps of kernel porting, please read the i.MX_BSP_Porting_Guide.pdf and i.MX_Linux_Reference_Manual.pdf in the Linux BSP documentation package.

0 Kudos

ssp
Contributor I

I haven't get any information on the built images paths and where they are located. Please suggest me where is this zImage-imx6dl-%board%%ldo%.dtb file located in myandroid of lollipop code?for sabresd board

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The output files should be in the out/target/product/sabresd_6dq/.

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

According to the Android user's guide section 3.4 Building Android images, the boot-imx6q.img include the device tree binary.

boot-imx6q.img: composite image for i.MX 6Dual/6Quad SABRE-SD. which includes the kernel zImage, ramdisk,

board's device tree binary, and boot parameters.

0 Kudos