Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

request for making the toolchain by using bitbake in yocto

kimhansung
Contributor II

I'm trying to make a toolchain by using bitbake with the following command

- bitbake meta-toolchain

I can see some file (poky-eglibc-x86_64-meta-toolchain-cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-toolchain-1.6.3.sh) of installing the toolchain at /build/tmp/deploy/sdk.

After installing toolchain by using that file, I can see that it is located at some directory.

But, some libraries such as libgpsd and libgps i added by using "hob" ware not included in the lib folder.

There were two folders in that path as the following:

. cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi

. x86_64-pokysdk-linux

I think that it was including the basic include and libraries even though i already added some recipes like a gpsd.

Actually, I can find some libraries i want to add at the following path. I guess that it is the result of "bitbake core-image-base", It is not for bitbake meta-toolchain.

. fsl-community-bsp-daisy/build/tmp/sysroots/imx6solosabreauto/lib

I'd like to know how to add the other one like "imx6solosabreauto" as toolchain for my target device when i make toolchain by using bitbake.

Do i just copy the lib folder i want to use to other directory?

Could anyone have some ideas? pleas give me some help.

Thank you.

Labels (3)
6 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Kim Hansung,

If you wish to edit the toolchain I would recommend looking at the documentation from the Yocto Project on this regard like section 3.4 of the Application Development Manual:

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.0/adt-manual/adt-manual.html#optionally-building-a-toolchain-inst...

You may use:

$ bitbake image -c populate_sdk

To extract a toolchain installer that contains the sysroot that matches your target root file system.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

yooliang
Contributor II

sorry,the reason why i was failed before is typing errors for typing "populate" to "popularte"

Regards,

0 Kudos

yooliang
Contributor II

Hi gusarambula,

When I run the command

$bitbake image -c populate_sdk,

there are some errors printed:

NOTE: Preparing runqueue

ERROR: Task do_popularte_sdk does not exist for target fsl-image-gui. Close matches:

do_populate_sdk

do_populate_lic

do_populate_sysroot

Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

Then I run $bitbake image -c populate_sdk,

$bitbake image -c do_populate_sdk

the errors printed :

NOTE: Preparing runqueue

ERROR: Task do_popularte_sdk does not exist for target fsl-image-gui. Close matches:

do_populate_sdk

do_populate_lic

do_populate_sysroot

Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code

pleas give me some help,

thanks a lot.

(my e-mail:liangxiaoyu01@163.com)

0 Kudos

velayutha_perum
Contributor I

Hi,

Did the issue got resolved? I am getting same issue,

ERROR: Task do_populate_sdk does not exist for target libwebsockets (/home/peru/project/yocto_4.14/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-connectivity/libwebsockets/libwebsockets_2.1.0.bb:do_populate_sdk). Close matches: do_populate_lic do_populate_sysroot ERROR: Command execution failed: 1 Please give the suggestions.

Regards,

Peru

velayutha.perumal@iwavesystems.com

0 Kudos

kimhansung
Contributor II

Thank you for your help.

It's very helpful for me.

velayutha_perum
Contributor I

Hi,

Did the issue got resolved? I am getting same issue,

ERROR: Task do_populate_sdk does not exist for target libwebsockets (/home/peru/project/yocto_4.14/imx-yocto-bsp/sources/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-connectivity/libwebsockets/libwebsockets_2.1.0.bb:do_populate_sdk). Close matches:
do_populate_lic
do_populate_sysroot
ERROR: Command execution failed: 1

Please give the suggestions.

Regards,

Peru

velayutha.perumal@iwavesystems.com

0 Kudos