PMIC Vin voltage requirement

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMIC Vin voltage requirement

mrudangshelat
Contributor IV

Hi, In our new iMX6D design we want to use the MMPF0100 to supply voltage and CPU/SOC core voltage and it's interface devices And as per datasheet, input voltage of MMPF0100 is 2.8V-3.3V. If I would like to generate 3.3V max from switching regulator. Is it possible to supply the MMPF0100 from 3.3V input voltage rail instead of 4.2V input voltage rail to generate 3.3V on SW1/2/3/4? What should be minimum Input voltage to generate 3.3V on switching regulator? And which version do I need to use for MMPF0100xx? Can you help me with this please? Regards, Mrudang

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The input voltage of each of the SW1/2/3/4 buck regulators must be at least 0.2V higher that its programmed output voltage. So, to generate 3.3V output on some of the buck regulators, its input voltage must be at at least 3.5V level.

Various MMPF0100xx parts differ by their default power configuration and power-up sequence. For more information, refer to the Table 10 of the MMPF0100 Data Sheet document, available on the MMPF0100 Documentation web page:

http://www.nxp.com/products/power-management/pmics/pmics-for-i.mx-processors/14-channel-configurable...

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos