cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Problem occured when i download the code in TWR-K20D72M board

bhavinmaru
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using the "TWR-K20D72M board" and i am using IAR Embedded Workbench(IAREW) software in that i am facing one problem about Flash.In workspace if i select "FLASH_256KB_PFLASH_32KB_DFLASH" then i download the code in microcontroller it shows me error message "the flash loader program reported an error" the screenshot of that error is shown below(Screenshot 1).in this window when i click "ok" then i get another message which tells "A fatal error has occured. The  debugger will terminate.".I have given below the screenshot of this message also(Screenshot 2).previously in workspace when i select "FLASH_256KB_PFLASH_32KB_DFLASH". i was not get any error & also works properly.and in the same program in workspace if i select "RAM_64KB". then it works and also i can download the code in microcontroller.but "TWR-K20D72M board" have 256KB Flash.

Anyone please suggest any solution so that again my code will work properly when i select "FLASH_256KB_PFLASH_32KB_DFLASH".

Thank You

Bhavin

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bhavin,

Please configure the flash loader like this in the options window:

62.jpg

Then build it and download it again.

If you still not OK, send me your test project, I will help you to check it.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

bhavinmaru
Contributor III

Hi Jingjing

Thank you for your reply.as per your solution i tried though i am getting the same problem.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bhavin,

Where you get your project?

You can download the TWR-K20D72M sample code from this link:

http://cache.nxp.com/files/32bit/software/KINETIS_72MHz_SRC.zip?fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=Lab%20and%20Test%20So...

This code don't have the problem which you are mentioned.

If you still want to use the code which you are mentioned, you can attach your project, I need to check it.

Have a great day,
Jingjing

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

bhavinmaru
Contributor III

Hi Jingjing,

Thank You.The link you provided me for the sample codes from the same link i was downloaded my sample codes.Again recently i download sample codes from the link you provided still getting the same problem.Previously i don't have this type of problem but now i am getting this type of error.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bhavin,

What the IAR version you are using now?

Please uninstall all the IAR version on your PC, then download the newest IAR version, and the sample code again.

Just use the newest IAR version to open the sample code which you download and never open with the lower IAR.

I find,  if the project is open with different IAR verion may have problem.

Please try my suggestion again.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

0 Kudos

bhavinmaru
Contributor III

Hi Jingjing,

Below I attach the screenshot of my IAR version please see that screenshot.previously there was no any issue with that version and it was working correctly.i am facing this problem just from 7-8 days.

Screenshot-3.jpg

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bhavin,

My IAR version is 7.50, and when I run the code, eg:KINETIS_72MHz_SRC\KINETIS_72MHz_SRC\build\iar\hello_world

None error happens.

Did you install two or more IAR version in your PC? If no, please try to uninstall or install your IAR again, and use the new project(download from my link) which never open your side.

Just use KINETIS_72MHz_SRC\KINETIS_72MHz_SRC\build\iar\hello_world code as an example.

Please try it at first.

Have a great day,
Jingjing

0 Kudos