Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is debugger of S12G MCU?

Jump to solution
kimkang-mok
Contributor II

Hello, NXP forum.

Actually, I want to use S12G Family MCU.

When I debugging my program, I need debugging tools.(H/W model)

Then, What is debugging tools for me?

And If I want to debugging my program, how many need pin number?

Just 4-pins? or 5-pins? or another?

If you don't understand my question, please reply my post.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kim,

No, I just captured BDM design part from TWR-S12G128 schematic. I suggest you refer it for you S12G48F1CLC board design.

with TWR-S12G128, you needn't use BDM Multilink universal with it. because opensource bdm emulator is integrated on board. while if you designed your own S12G48F1CLC board, we need to use BDM Multilink universal as emulator to connect board from computer.

is this clear for you?

regarding difference between Basic, standard, and Professional, see this document

http://cache.nxp.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/fact_sheet/950-00437.pdf

evaluation version is a 30days temporary professional version.

does this answer your question?

Have a great day,

Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kim,

No, I just captured BDM design part from TWR-S12G128 schematic. I suggest you refer it for you S12G48F1CLC board design.

with TWR-S12G128, you needn't use BDM Multilink universal with it. because opensource bdm emulator is integrated on board. while if you designed your own S12G48F1CLC board, we need to use BDM Multilink universal as emulator to connect board from computer.

is this clear for you?

regarding difference between Basic, standard, and Professional, see this document

http://cache.nxp.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/fact_sheet/950-00437.pdf

evaluation version is a 30days temporary professional version.

does this answer your question?

Have a great day,

Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

to work with S12G, you can use BDM Multilink universial:

P&E Microcomputer Systems: Over 30 years as an Industry leader in Embedded Systems Development Tools...

regarding BDM design. see this schematic: I captured from TWR-S12G128_SCH.pdf

pastedImage_3.png

Regarding SW development tool, I suggest you use CW 5.1

CodeWarrior Dev Tools for HCS12(X) MCUs|NXP

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos
kimkang-mok
Contributor II

Thank you for your help.

Your answer is talking about TWR-S12G128.

Then, how about S12G48F1CLC MCU?

Actually, I don't understand about h/w structure.

Another question is about SW development tool.

In URL, they introduce about many feature(Evaluation, Basic, standard, and Professional).

If I use SW development tool, what I need to buy something?

If you don't understand my question, please reply my post.

Thank you.

0 Kudos