AnsweredAssumed Answered

MC9S12XEP100, problem with TIM that seems to freeze sometimes

Question asked by Alessandro Audero on Apr 13, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 14, 2016 by Radek Sestak

Dear All,

I've implemented a firmware that is running well but sometimes I have an issue.

I've implemented a sleep routine like this:

void sleep_us(uint us) {   uint target;   uchar overflow;   uint now;    TIM_TFLG2_TOF = 1;   target = TIM_TCNT + us;   if (TIM_TCNT > target) {   while(TIM_TFLG2_TOF == 0);   TIM_TFLG2_TOF = 1;   }   while(TIM_TCNT < target); }

This routine is used to sleep a specified amouth of microseconds.

It is then used to implement the sleep_ms routine that is like this:

void sleep_ms(uint ms) {   uint i;   for (i = 0; i < ms; i++) sleep_us(1000); }

Everything seems to go just fine, but sometimes the sleep_ms sleeps for more time than required. For example, even if I require a sleep of 1000 ms it could happen that the sleep_ms blocks for some seconds.

While calling the sleep_us and sleep_ms there are two PIT active along with their interrupt service routine, but I don't think that they could justify the so-long sleep interval.

The timer init configuration is set using a prescaler in order to have a 1us period.

void timer_init() {      TIM_TSCR1_PRNT = 1;       TIM_PTPSR = 0x2f;       TIM_OCPD = 0xff;           TIM_TSCR1_TEN = 1;      }

I cannot figure out why the sleep should wait more time than expected. Can someone give me some hints on how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

ale

IM_

PTPSR = tim_prescaler;

TIM_TSCR1_TEN = 0; TIM_OCPD = 0xff; // scollego tutti dalle uscite. TIM_TSCR1_TEN = 1;

Outcomes