cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel crash after "Object "it" is unknown

randysilagi
Contributor II

Hi all,

I am using an i.mx6SX saber board.  When it boots, it gets almost all the way there however, just before the login prompt it get:

Freeing unused kernel memory: 428K (80a8f000 - 80afa000)

random: init urandom read with 13 bits of entropy available

Object "it" is unknown, try "ip help".

Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init! exitcode=0x00000100

So, not sure what to do about this.  What does exitcode 0x100 mean?  What is "object "it"?  Where can I find object it and when it says "try "ip help" does this mean TCP/IP or Intellectual Property?

Randy S.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

randysilagi
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the pointer to the app note.  I never thought of using kgdb to capture the stack and which code is executing when the panic happens.   What I did was bring up menuconfig and disable every option except for networking.  Then the kernel booted.  Now I am adding them back one at a time.

Thanks for your help.

Randy S.

0 Kudos

randysilagi
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

Thank you for your quick response.  However, that does not answer any of my questions.  I can't use the canned image as it does not have some of the features that I need and  I need to add/remove features.  I don't need or use the MFG tool, I write the SD card on Ubuntu and then plug it in.

Any ideas what exitcode=0x0000100 is?

Randy S.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI Randy

one can debug it using app note

http://cache.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4553.pdf

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Randy

probably you used wrong images, please try i.MX6SX Demo Images:

Board Support Packages (35)

L3.14.52_1.1.0_iMX6SX (REV L3.14.52_1.1.0)

i.MX 6SoloX Linux Binary Demo Files

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

Use MFG Tools for programming board

Programmers (Flash, etc.) (8)

IMX6_L3.14.52_MFG_TOOL (REV L3.14.52_1.1.0)

i.MX 6SoloX Family of Applications Processors|NXP

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos