Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1021A Part Marking and System Version Register Value

Jump to solution
thomastamandl
Contributor I

Hi all,

on my board I am using a LS1021AXN7KQB, which is also the part marking. But U-Boot reports the following:

U-Boot 2015.01+SDKv1.9+geb3d4fc

CPU:   Freescale LayerScape LS1020, Version: 2.0, (0x87001020)

As the CAN interfaces are working, is there the possibility that a wrong value is stored in the system version register value? Might there be a problem where I schoud be aware of? According to the chip errata the system version register value shoud be 8700_1120h.

Best Regards

Thomas

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

According to Device Errata document you referring, the value 0x87001020 means your LS1021A device is incorrectly detected as LS1020A device. This usually happens when device personalization pins are not connected as required in device datasheet.

Please look LS1021A Data Sheet, Table 1, note 21 below this Table.

Have a great day,
Alexander

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

According to Device Errata document you referring, the value 0x87001020 means your LS1021A device is incorrectly detected as LS1020A device. This usually happens when device personalization pins are not connected as required in device datasheet.

Please look LS1021A Data Sheet, Table 1, note 21 below this Table.

Have a great day,
Alexander

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
thomastamandl
Contributor I

Thank you. Can you add Note 21 to the QSPI section in Table 1 too?

0 Kudos
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, I will notify documentation team, thank you for pointing.

0 Kudos