gstreamer: why changing video ratio makes frames drop?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gstreamer: why changing video ratio makes frames drop?

jordanguillot
Contributor II

Hi community,

The setup is the following:

rootfs built with yocto daisy, and MACHINE is imx6dlsabresd.conf, linux kernel is 3.10.53.

I have to use gstreamer-0.10.

I try to use gstreamer to watch french TNT télévison via multicast (throught Anevia server in local network).

I find two king of video resolution (1920x1080 and 1440x1080)

I'm using the following Gstreamer pipeline:

gst-launch-0.10 udpsrc uri=udp://239.1.1.9:1235 ! video/mpegts, systemstream=(boolean)true, packetsize=(int)188 ! aiurdemux streaming-latency=3000 name=mydemux mydemux. ! queue2 max-size-time=0 ! vpudec low-latency=false framedrop=false framedrop-level-mask=63 ! imxv4l2sink name=myvideosink force-aspect-ratio=false

With the 1920x1080 resolution, I don't have any problems.

But with the 1440x1080 resolution, the video drops 2 or 3 frames per second. I found a way to avoid this problem by forcing the aspect ration( force-aspect-ratio=true).

For the video aspect, I need to have force-aspect-ratio=false and no frames drop.

Have you any solutions?

Best regards,

Jordan

0 Kudos
2 Replies

jordanguillot
Contributor II

Hi,

The video is display in X window (1920x1080), and if I change the window size to 1919x1080 I don't lose any more frame.

Thanks

Jordan

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

it seems this is performance issue, and you can  try to set framedrop=true to allow vpu drop 2-3 frames at first if performance is bad.

0 Kudos