Is it possible to Generate Digital signature of a file directly from CAAM module?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to Generate Digital signature of a file directly from CAAM module?

swapnilpendhare
Contributor III

HI,

As per my understanding, CAAM module provides options to get HMAC of a data, which can be used for authentication. But is there any way  to generate a Digital signature directly from the CAAM module which can be verified at receiver end with RSA key pair ?

If yes, do i have to generate service request for getting more details?

If no, is it possible to use HMAC mechanism of CAAM and on top of it application based RSA mechanism to signed data and verify it ?

In one of the HAB documentation says that at boot time RSA signature verification is done by HAB software during boot. Does it mean there is no CAAM instruction available to  sign and verify data?

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Swapnil

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

HAB incorporates signature verification using RSA public keys

and the SHA-256 hash algorithm, but i.MX6 CAAM does not support

asymmetric cryptographic acceleration.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

swapnilpendhare
Contributor III

Thanks Yuri.

0 Kudos