CCSprotocolplugin:ccs:library not found

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCSprotocolplugin:ccs:library not found

liguohongliguoh
Contributor I

我用codewarrior for 56800E,芯片为MC56F8346,程序编译通过,下载程序时出现这个问题!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

MPB39212
Contributor I

Thanks, it works, the problem was in my board.

Thanks again

MP

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Liguohong

I know several customers before who had the same problem.  This error ("Library not found") is usually caused by hardware failure, though this error message looks like a software problem. So we expect you to check the JTAG interface and power design. You may refer to the schematic of our EVM board.

Below are some tips that help us conclude whether this error is caused by software or tool’s configuration. 

Have you ever tried to exit CCS, and then restart it for test? Or reopen CodeWarrior to test whether it resolves your problem? If it doesn't effect, may I suggest you to try with an example delivered on the installation? Change the Connection Settings to USB Tap and set the JTAG Clock Speed into 500.   If you get the same problem with an example delivered on the installation, the problem should be:

- with the USB TAP,

- or with the PC configuration,

- or with the board,

- or with the project configure.

1) Check your connection.  

When you plug it to the PC, the USB TAP must be detected. If this is not the case may be the interface is damaged. When the interface is connected to the board and to the PC, the 2 light should be on. Is it the case?

Please open windows "Device manager", expand "System devices" category, does "CodeWarrior USBTAP" appear on the list?

2) Check the board.

The board is designed by yourself? Do you have tried with another board? Do you have any EVM board? Please pay attention that there is a jumper on EVM board which you should set correctly. Whether enable or disable it depends on the interface you are using. Please refer to the board manual for details.

3) Check the project.

After start the debug session, the ccs tool is automatically launched too. Be sure that the right settings are selected in the target settings panels. Open it and go to Debugger | Remote Debugging and select 56800(E) Local USBTAP connection. Then change the JTAG Clock Speed to 500 and test whether it works. Then exit CCS and start debugging again.  This is a restriction of our tool that CCS needs to exit and restart after changing the connection type.

4) Check the PC.

Can you install the tool and its driver on another PC? Please notice that the driver is only supported by:

Windows NT 4

Windows 2000

Windows XP

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------