cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T-2081 QORIQ PowerSupply Design

tkchaitanya
Contributor II

Hi all,

I'm trying to design power supply for T2081 processor and i got the t1040/t2081 rdb reference design.

But i want to know whether power supply sequencing is needed or not?(as per app note attached not required but not sure)

if not then i would like to remove the associated cktry multiphase controller and the MOSFET part of the power supply section in schematics.

Please help.Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
6 Replies

tkchaitanya
Contributor II

Hi,

Thank you as per your suggestion I've removed power sequencing sequencing mechanism and all USB power supply pins are gnded.

So can you please confirm if it is fine.

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Required power sequencing for the T2081 is described in the data sheet T2081 QorIQ Integrated Multicore Communications Processor, Rev. 1, 3.2 Power sequencing.

The data sheet is available at:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=T2081&location=null&fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=Data%20Sheets&WT_VEND...

tkchaitanya
Contributor II

Hi ufedor,

Thank you for the quick response, I've following queries based on your answer:

1. The power sequencing suggested by datasheet is for USB only but we're not going to use USB in our design so should I skip the power sequencing mechanism

2. Since I'm not going using USB so what to do with related USB power supply pins (USB_SVDDx,USB_HVDDx,USB_OVDDx)? should be floated or  grounded. Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If USB is not used the USB_HVDD, USB_OVDD and USB_SVDD have to be tied to ground.

Reference:

http://www.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4804.pdf

Table 3. Power and ground pin termination checklist

0 Kudos

tkchaitanya
Contributor II

Hi ufedor,

So making usb voltages grounding means can i skip power sequencing b'coz my basic quest is to decide whether to implement power sequencing or not. Please suggest

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No power sequencing is needed if USB is unused.

0 Kudos