cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior and FlexRay application

pierrel
Contributor III

Hi,

I have tow FlexRay Evaluation Board from ON-semiconductors (NCV73810V2GEVB) which use the MC9S12XF512MLM microcontroller. I've planned to work with Code Warrior V.5.1. for programming it. I will work on FlexRay application. I don't have selected any Suite yet.

I was looking in the attached document which detail the differences between CW Suites and I wondered if the following restriction (or others that I did not see) could be anoying for FlexRay application :

• C compiler and C source-level debugger–code and data size restricted to 32 KB (or 64KB for Basic suite),
  • C compiler and C source-level debugger for Freescale’s XGATE module (code and data size restricted to 512 KB).

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

pierrel
Contributor III

Thank you Alice.

I have now an other question about CW suite. In theProfessional Suite, there is something about OSEK kernel awareness.

Can you tell me more about it ? Is it usefull or even essential for a FlexRay application ? I'm a novice in communication network.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Pierre,

In order to distinguish between different question , please create

another question about your new question , then we will continue

support it at the new thread , thank for your support .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Pierre,

After you build your project , you can check the real code size on the .map file ,

then select the suite CW  license for you .

If still have any question or i misunderstand you , you can tell me without any

hesitate .

BR

Alice