cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VF61 Linux SPI DMA support

Jump to solution
olegpetrakivsky
Contributor I

spi-fsl-dspi driver does not supports DMA. I made some driver modification for DMA support.

After code test I got next result. DMA transmit is ok. DMA receives about 50% of lost packets (some parts of buffer contents previous message). The issue is in DMA. Not all data are copied from device fifo into memory. RXCTR = 0 in rx callback transaction indicates that data is read. SPIx_RXFRn register shows a new correct value. Do you have idea about reason of bad DMA transfers? Draft code is attached.

Original Attachment has been moved to: spi-fsl-dspi.c.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CommunityBot
Community Manager
This an automatic process.

We are marking this post as solved, due to the either low activity or any reply marked as correct.

If you have additional questions, please create a new post and reference to this closed post.

NXP Community!
0 Kudos
timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hi Oleg Petrakivskyi,

Apologies for our delayed response.

From your information, DMA transmission is fine. Overall domination among the bus is changed into the interrupt controller after the CPU acknowledges DMA request, to verify Rx FIFO - could you please share your slave peripheral device hardware information with us. It'll help us to debug/reproduce your issue in my end.

Thanks

Timesys Support

karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Timesys Support do you have an update?

0 Kudos
karina_valencia
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

timesyssupport​ can you help here?

0 Kudos