cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to debug imx28_evk using JTAG

bkpatel
Contributor III

Hi,

We have imx28_evk board and Blackhawk XDS100v2 JTAG debugger (we have used this debugger for ARM M4F Processor). Is there any guideline on How to use JTAG debugger with imx28_evk board.

Because of pricing issue DS-5 is not a suitable option for us. Please suggest if there are options available.

Thanks

Bhavesh

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Basically any JTAG tool, supporting ARM926 may be applied with i.MX28.

To debug, using JTAG, we must enter special boot mode (Wait JTAG connection). In normal operation, the i.MX28 doesn't enable its JTAG pins, so it's impossible to profitably attach a JTAG probe. To debug the i.MX28, you must boot it in boot mode 6. In this mode, the boot ROM will enable the JTAG pins and go into a two-instruction infinite loop, waiting for the debugger to release it.

Also, the next link may be helpful :

All Boards JTAG

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos