cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ltib cannot create rootfs /var/lib/rpm database for imx28

dan_edmondson
Contributor I

Hi all,

I am trying to get the imx28 eval package L2.6.35_1.1.0_130130_source built. I have worked through adding some needed libraries and now have the ltib configuration menu coming up. I can navigate through the menu, select imx28 and the default minimum package, and save the configuration. However, after ltib continues I get the following error, which seems to be caused when ltib is trying to create the rpm database in the new rootfs.

Press <enter to continue>

error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
CONFIG_TOOLCHAIN forced a full rebuild
Installing: gcc-4.6.2-glibc-2.13-linaro-multilib-2011.12-1.i386.rpm
sudo /opt/freescale/ltib/usr/bin/rpm --dbpath /opt/freescale/ltib/var/lib/rpm -ivh --force --ignorearch --nodeps /opt/freescale/pkgs/gcc-4.6.2-glibc-2.13-linaro-multilib-2011.12-1.i386.rpm
Preparing...                ########################################### [100%]
   1:gcc-4.6.2-glibc-2.13-li########################################### [100%]

Processing platform: Freescale iMX28 Based Boards
===================================================
using config/platform/imx/.config
error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
/opt/freescale/ltib/usr/bin/rpm --root /nxp_linux/ltib/rootfs --dbpath /var/lib/rpm -qa --queryformat '%{name} ' at ./ltib line 2016.

And here is the rootfs that ltib is attempting to build and it is blank.

/nxp_linux/ltib/rootfs/var/lib/rpm: ls

/nxp_linux/ltib/rootfs/var/lib/rpm:

I have tried --initdb and --rebuilddb but cannot get the rootfs to build properly. I am hoping someone else has had this issue and discovered how to resolve this. Any help would be appreciated.

Dan

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dan

please find attached scripts, as sb_loader issue, note

documentation assumes WinXP usage. Suggest to create new

thread for that issue.

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos

dan_edmondson
Contributor I

Excellent! Thanks, Igor!

Yes, while searching around I've found some posts about windows XP and sb_loader. I'll have to keep digging on this. I have Windows 7 at home, but this customer is running windows 7 professional and sb_loader works fine there.

I'll search around here some more and open a new issue if I can't come up with something.

thanks again,

Dan

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dan

could you try to run ltib without adding any packages

(with default package selection). Also please check attached

document sect.6 Install Host Packages Needed by LTIB

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dan_edmondson
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Thank you for the document. I understand the process much better now. Since my post I have purchased a imx28 evk and moved to my home lab where I control everything. Things are much easier this way.

So I have had success with building ltib and have the root file system with a fully populated boot directory. I am at the point where I am trying to gain confidence with the steps to build, load, run. Yesterday I did boot the board with the supplied SD card. I was then attempting to HID boot the imx28_ivt_uboot.sb but could not get sb_loader to find the HID. My windows PC does show a HID device but sb_loader does find it when I kick off sb_loader -f imx28_ivt_uboot.sb. I have the supplied usb cable attached to the USP OTP header.

I have also tried to find mk_mx28_sd script but have had no luck. I have been following the BSP user guide that mentions an SDK package with a L2.6.XX_SDK.scripts.ta.gz but cannot locate that package.

My project is to get a uboot, kernel, and rootfs for a customer's custom board that is based on the imx28. It is not highly customized, but enough that I don't think the eval package will completely work without changes to uart in use, and a few other little things.

Thanks for your help!

Dan

0 Kudos

dan_edmondson
Contributor I

Also, here is the contents of the /opt/freescale/ltib directory for var/lib/rpm

/opt/freescale/ltib/var/lib/rpm: ls

Basenames  Filemd5s  Installtid  Packages     Provideversion  Requireversion  Sigmd5

Dirnames   Group     Name        Providename  Requirename     Sha1header      Triggername

0 Kudos