Android 5.0 Wifi: Where is wpa_supplicant_driver_cmd()

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 5.0 Wifi: Where is wpa_supplicant_driver_cmd()

Jump to solution
mmj
Contributor III

Dear All,

I am using BSP L5.0.0_1.0.0-GA and I want to customize the implementation of wpa_supplicant_driver_cmd() in extern/wpa_supplicant_8 to support proprietary driver commands.

The wpa_supplicant_driver_cmd() calls wpa_drv_driver_cmd() which further calls an external function wpa_driver_nl80211_driver_cmd() to handle the driver commands.

extern int wpa_driver_nl80211_driver_cmd(void *priv, char *cmd, char *buf,

size_t buf_len);

However, where is the wpa_driver_nl80211_driver_cmd() function for Atheros AR6003? I searched through the whole root directory but yet could not find it. For i.MX6 sabresd board with the Silex WiFi module in clean BSP L5.0.0_1.0.0, where is this function?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (4)
1 Solution
mmj
Contributor III

Finally, I found out the wpa_driver_nl80211_driver_cmd() function for Atheros AR6003 is actually implemented in

hardware/qcom/wlan/qcwcn/wpa_supplicant_8_lib/driver_cmd_nl80211.c, making use the static library lib_driver_cmd_qcwcn.a  when linking /system/bin/wpa_supplicant.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
tftu
Contributor III

Hi P P,

We are working on a new project and blocked by a similar issue, could you advise us:

1. How do you compile the driver_cmd_nl80211.c to lib_driver_cmd_qcwcn.a in Android BSP environment?
2. How to do the linking /system/bin/wpa_supplicant as you described?

It's our first time to integrate a Wifi module with wpa_supplicant package, it would be very helpful if you can provide us the steps in detail. Thanks in advance!

TF

0 Kudos
mmj
Contributor III

Hello Tsung Fang Tu,

1. To build lib_driver_cmd_qcwcn.a, I simply run the Android build command "mm" under the path "hardware/qcom/wlan/qcwcn/wpa_supplicant_8_lib". It will generate the static library lib_driver_cmd_qcwcn.a.

2. In fsl/sabresd_6dq/BoardConfig.mk, BOARD_HOSTAPD_PRIVATE_LIB_QCOM & BOARD_WPA_SUPPLICANT_PRIVATE_LIB_QCOM are set to "lib_driver_cmd_qcwcn". Again when you run "mm" under the path "external/wpa_supplicant_8", the library defined by BOARD_WPA_SUPPLICANT_PRIVATE_LIB_QCOM will be linked.

Hope this helps.

mmj
Contributor III

Finally, I found out the wpa_driver_nl80211_driver_cmd() function for Atheros AR6003 is actually implemented in

hardware/qcom/wlan/qcwcn/wpa_supplicant_8_lib/driver_cmd_nl80211.c, making use the static library lib_driver_cmd_qcwcn.a  when linking /system/bin/wpa_supplicant.

0 Kudos
SergioSolis
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you for posting the solution!

0 Kudos