I have found a MC9S12A256 based product on the market that contains my Secured code. Has this part been hacked?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have found a MC9S12A256 based product on the market that contains my Secured code. Has this part been hacked?

JamesTPDI
Contributor II

We have a product that is based on this Micro and cloned versions have shown up. Have there been successful cloning of the secure micro?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

iggi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi James,

Well, It can happen but how can we know that? NXP (ex-FSL) didn't clone it for sure. But still can you share more info. This is insufficient.

What product, application, company? Do you have photos, links etc?

Thanks,

iggi

0 Kudos

JamesTPDI
Contributor II

I don't believe NXP would be involved in IP theft and it is all a bit sensitive. I have seen photos of the copied product and the startup screens to confirm but will not have a physical sample until Friday. The PCB was cloned as well, with just the removal of trademarks.This is a few year old product with thousands of systems in the field. The question really is, is there now a way for people to readily clone a secured MC9S12A256 IC?  We program and secure the micro before sending to the assembly house.

Regards,

James

0 Kudos

iggi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

James,

I think it would be better to discuss about this 'privately' so you can share more details.

Here is the procedure:

How to submit a new question for NXP Support

Thanks,
iggi

0 Kudos

manishsangram
Contributor IV

We are going to launch a product using the S12ZVMC128 MCU and we are concerned about firmware being copied even from a secure MCU. Can you point us to documents etc. that deal with how to secure the MCU beyond what is given in the reference manual? Are their any known loop holes ?

0 Kudos