cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

twr_k64 demo USB example

Jump to solution
kooroshhajiani
Contributor III

I have tried to run the USB CDC HOST and CDC DEVICE  demo in SDK 1.3 , using 2 TWR_64K and KDS3.0 with no luck. I just pass the initialization phase and DEVICE is never attached. A very gracious  user named ISSAC has been helping me tremendously but it just refuses to attach the device. If any one have some thoughts, Please let me know.

So I decided to run the similar demos Freescale_BM_USB_Stack_v5.0  using IAR platform.

I'm trying to build the project from the following folder:

C:\Freescale_BM_USB_Stack_v5.0\Src\example\host\cdc\cdc_serial\bm\iar\host_cdc_serial_twrk64f120m

So created a wok-space and had to add few include path This is what I get:

Capture_IAR_Worbench.PNG

It is passing the compile phase however it fails in the linking phase since its looking for a library file usbh.a

in the folder shown in the output council of the workbench that does not exist . where is this file?

Any Ideas? Anyone?

Thanks,

Koorosh Hajiani

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Koorosh,

In USB Stack 5.0, you need to compile USB library for your host application, it is located at: <Freescale_BM_USB_Stack_v5.0>\Src\usb_core\host\build\iar\usbh_bm_twrk64f120m. After building the USB Host library, you will be able to compile your project correctly.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Isaac

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Koorosh,

In USB Stack 5.0, you need to compile USB library for your host application, it is located at: <Freescale_BM_USB_Stack_v5.0>\Src\usb_core\host\build\iar\usbh_bm_twrk64f120m. After building the USB Host library, you will be able to compile your project correctly.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Isaac

0 Kudos
kooroshhajiani
Contributor III

Hi Isaac;

I had to leave USB implementation for a while to do some other embedded task and now I'm back again.

So I was able to get the HOST from:

C:\Freescale_BM_USB_Stack_v5.0\Src\example\host\cdc\cdc_serial\bm\iar\host_cdc_serial_twrk64f120m

to attach the device from SDK:

C:\Freescale\Freescale USB Stack v4.0.3\Source\Device\app\cdc\iar_ew\kinetis_k20

Capture_CDC_TERM.PNG

Now as you know I'm a novice when it comes to USB. So my goal is to send just a few bytes from host to device and visa versa  .

I see a function named

_io_cdc_serial_write_async ,Is this the function to call for that purpose? I placed a break point on this function but it never hits.

one last thing when I type characters in my terminal before I press enter, They're echoed back on screen My local echo on my terminal is off.

Thanks,

Koorosh Hajiani

0 Kudos
isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Koorosh,

About characters being echoed, in cdc_serial.h there is a macro to enable/disable echo in serial terminal:

#define CDC_SERIAL_ECHO_BACK     (1)

So you need to set it to 0 in order to disable echoing back.

For CDC example, progam is reading data from UART (serial terminal) and they are stored in a buffer that will be sent to USB later. This data is sent by using:

num_done = _io_cdc_serial_write(s_f_usb_info.f_usb, &usb_tx_buf[usb_tx_done], (send_cnt > CDC_MAX_PKT_SIZE? CDC_MAX_PKT_SIZE : send_cnt));

In this case, s_f_usb_info.f_usb is the FILE PTR to write to USB module, usb_tx_buf[] is the buffer where the data is stored and third parameter specifies how many data will be sent.

I hope this can help!

Regards,

Isaac

0 Kudos
kooroshhajiani
Contributor III

Thanks Issac.

Yes you’re right, I forgot to do that.

Regards,

Koorosh

0 Kudos